Monday 27 March 2017

A lovely mothers day with a slight shock to keep us on our toes.




A few more pics from the album. I must admit to being spoilt rotten for mothers day, a car valet, red roses, chocs and a book from Ben and a colouring book and chocs from Tyler. The  best bit though was that Tyler had actually written my card himself, this may not sound much but it took a huge amount of time and effort. As he is left handed the only 2 things that he has written in the last year is this card and my Christmas card, I will treasure them always. I do admit to being a softie and have kept all mothers day cards from both my boys.
The shock that I mentioned came around lunch time when Tyler came down and said was he head ok, you can imagine my shock to see blood pouring out of his wound. He had fallen and banged his head, we are awaiting the Dr as I write this. Luckily we had a sterile wound cleaning kit and we managed to avoid going to A&E, ( Tyler never wants to go to hospital on a weekend again), Ben was a star and ran round getting all the bits and pieces that I needed. Touch wood all is fine now.
I wonder if any other parents have developed an almost irrational fear of technology, by this I mean phones ,mobiles ,emails, messaging basically any way of being contacted. It is a standing joke amongst my close family and friends that I never pick up the phone or reply to texts. This is something that has built up gradually and  I have been working on trying to improve and understand why this is happening. It dawned on me that we have had so much bad news over the last 7 years that  it has  become almost self preservation  technique. If people cant get hold of you they cant give you bad news, or put pressure on you to deal with things that you don't wont to. It is really hard some times to accept that you need to fight for items such as wheelchair s that you never dreamt in a million years that your child would need. Now that I understand it a bit more hopefully it will help me deal with it. I have also come to understand that you really have to enjoy the good things and live through the bad a step at a time. So after finishing this blog I am going to be brave and open my emails!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment