Monday 22 May 2017

SOUTHAMPTON BOUND







What a busy few weeks.


Yet again I feel like I need to start with an apology , this is especially poignant as some really positive things are happening . I have spent the last week or so just feeling like I was trudging through mud and not sleeping . This often happens when we get a scan date through, I think I just needed to be quiet and process things, I cant thank the Trustees who always step in and help when I need to do this.

I tried something that will make many of my family and friends laugh, I was told that gardening can help lift your mood. So I took to our horrid back hedge and balded it !!!! There is definitely something in it as I am slowly feeling human again, hedge better look out though, not sure what I will do when its completely nude.

So we are off to Southampton shortly for Tyler's scan, any parent will tell you that the hardest time is while awaiting results. Most of the time you sort of manage to keep things in the day and make the best of everything, when waiting results its so hard to keep things in the day.


Any way on to more positive things , we owe a huge thank you to Micky fro the mobility centre in Bognor and an unknown gentleman. Thanks to them Tyler now has an ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR!!!!!!. There are a few bits that we need to get to make it the best that it can be for Tyler but unbelievably the Willow Tea Rooms and The Railway club Bognor have just done some fund raising for us and we can get everything that we need, cant thank them enough. Tyler naturally wants the chair to be distinctive as he himself is. So we are currently looking for green paint,flags bag etc. If anyone has any ideas please do let me know.

This is going to make such a difference to him , it will be the first step in getting his independence back. Some difficult news was that Tyler remains completely numb on the left, and this is something that he and his family are trying to come to terms with. However we know that with the right equipment and support we can live a fulfilling and independent life. The next step is to get him a downstairs bedroom, with wet room (everyone should be able to wash independently ) and we are in talks with some local people as to how we might be able to achieve that , very exciting but cant say more at the moment. We are going to need to raise quite a lot of money to do this so any fund raising ideas please get in touch.

Tyler has also had his first swimming session, courtesy of Lauren at Avidsford Hilton, it WA  amazing once actually in the pool he was doing the crawl, brilliant definitely a teary moment. Another development    is that we are in talks with lots of people to see if Tyler could go back to St Phillip Howard to study. As this is just up to road to us he could jump in the chair and go there independently, so fingers crossed.

We are still awaiting advice from America on any options that they  may recommend medically, but I guess that they may want to see the scan from today . Please bear with us whilst we wait for results as it can be a little tense.

I am also thinking of my other amazing son Ben who has his first year exams this week, he is brilliant at what he does and so hard working. I know that he is going to amaze us all as he always does.

If you would like any further information please do let me know

Janice.ellis2@btinternet.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment